Sep 8, 2009

I'm so excited!

I finished my conservation degree about a week ago! I'm determined to celebrate for as long as possible. As I'm barely employed, I'm finding this entirely doable. Celebrating involves being available to hang out with friends. I've been really unavailable for the past year, so this is a welcome change. Though perhaps some of my friends will be a bit overwhelmed by my repetitive proclamations: "I'm so excited!".

I'm slowly coming back from the dissertation abyss. I wrote every intelligent thought I've had over the past 4 months in that document. I printed two copies and mailed my intelligence to London. I feel like it's casually making its way back to me in new forms. I'm reading about topics that do not include weeds or urban habitat fragments. It's weird, but terribly pleasurable.

Since this is seemingly going to be a slow process, I'm going to refer you to Deia de Brito's article on graywater for the Bay Area Monitor. I love graywater. Although my "system" (meaning bucket and pitcher carried to the garden) is very low tech, we've managed to get through the summer w/o ever using the hose on our vegetables. Enjoy the piece and I'll get back soon. Perhaps with a Compact update as several of the founding group are going up to Cazadero for some weekend fun. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Steph Infection said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you!

rachel kesel said...

Thank you! I'm trying to hang onto the excitement, even still.