Dec 19, 2008

On the Mend

Last night I was hanging out with a friend after a not so productive afternoon of studying, when we got all sorts of luxurious and decided to see a movie. We discovered that Milk was premiering at a film house fairly nearby in 30 minutes, so we dashed off to Belsize Park to this super swank theatre called Everyman. The tickets were outrageous, thank god the pound is losing value. But the place had wine service in your seats, which reclined. We had a couch actually. It was pimp.

Milk was fabulous. Though it's not exactly a pick me up sort of film, it was fantastically inspiring. It was great to see SF, including our gorgeous city hall. It wasn't like I didn't know how it would end, but I still cried a whole lot. I'm not generally one who looks for a charismatic leader to follow, but we could use a Harvey Milk right now. What a man of optimism and courage. And it was fucking awesome to see Tom Ammiano in the film as well. Another man of courage and optimism who's made us proud in SF.

I spent the night in North London last night after the film. I woke up to sunshine and fairly warm weather so I walked from Finsbury Park to UCL. It's about 5 miles and I loved it. I went through Finsbury Park and Regent's Park because it was too pretty out to resist. I've missed walking like that every day. I need to find some dogs to walk here, perhaps that would give me some purpose. Too bad I have class in the middle of the day so much.

All in all, I'm hoping I'm on the mend. I feel better physically and mentally. I'm going to try to keep some positive vibes as I try to write my essays. I'd like to finish the first before I head to Cornwall. Here's hoping.

No comments: