Sep 4, 2008

Sopo Bikes in Atlanta, Pumpkin Still Needs Home

My bike was damaged in transit! I had a dream the other night that I was going to the Bike Kitchen (SF) with my friends Matt and Justin to fix this bike. Luckily, there's a Bike Kitchenesque spot here in Atlanta.

I've said it before, I'm not a good mechanic. So I did try to take this bike to a shop in Cartersville. I walked out quickly when the mechanic/sales guy said he'd charge me $85 to adjust my derailleur and reattach my headset. WHAT?! Heavy Metal Bike Shop I miss you!

Ok, so I'm going to have to fix this myself, but not without help. Sopo Bicycle Co-op offers access to tools and guidance for a completely reasonable donation of $5 per hour or part. Hopefully, with some good vibes, decent tools, and helpful advice I can get my wheels back in shape before I toss them back into another box! Luckily I read a post on a London Critical Mass list for a workshop on the evening that I land in Hackney, where I think I'll be staying. Hurrah!

Pumpkin still needs a home! We're working every possible angle until I leave. She's a stray but very social and sweet. She's not prepared to fly anywhere though she appreciates the offers from San Francisco. Unfortunately, she's not even leash trained so 8 hours in a crate will be impossible for her. But if you're near Georgia, she's a great girl! And again, we're driving to Missouri on Saturday so if you're on route (Tn, Ky, Il, Mo) ...

No comments: