Jan 28, 2008

Sorry for the Lack of Posts, I've Been at the Mall

Just kidding. Though I did go to the mall once between the last post and this one. It was really really funny. My roommate (not a compactor) wanted water proof boots and I wanted a battery for my laptop. Make what you will of that. I can't find a used battery and am not sure I'd want one if I found one. I find I'm more lenient with things that I use for work than personal stuff.
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
So it's the mall. The mall has everything right? Wrong. My laptop's so old that I have to order a battery from Apple. And you cannot find waterproof shoes at the mall. Well fuck us for being so functional.

Other than a 10 minute mall outing, I've been trying to find funds for grad school. The situation's getting desperate! Don't be surprised to see a paypal button on the right of this blog some day. Ha!

I've also been promoting this sustainable dog walking poster series for Green DogWalks. Soon it will be time to collect the research again to see if this project has been worth the time and money. So this is my last little effort toward sustainable dog walking on Bernal Hill in San Francisco.

And lastly I've been working on actions marking the fifth anniversary of the Iraq War.

I can't believe I even found 10 minutes to go to the mall!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently made the mistake of going to the mall, too. Well, I was already there to drop my husband off at the bus stop, so I decided I would pop in to the sporting goods store to get a watch band. No luck. I walked all over the mall. No watch bands!
My cranky conclusion is that this whole culture is based on buying and selling useless *#@!
SW Colorado

Emily the Great and Terrible said...

You got in and out of the mall in ten minutes? Congrats on that alone.

Don't you hate how computer accessories become obsolete and difficult to find within months?

Great blog. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, but I love it and will visit often.

LeeAnn said...

I recently took my kids to the mall to play indoors on their play equipment during a rainy week. While there, I thought I'd better buy my eldest daughter a plain old leather belt to hold up her jeans. We had to go through five stores before giving up--some stores didn't have belts "this season" some stores only had the big '80s style belts that go over blouses.

Jessica at Bwlchyrhyd said...

I once tried to buy a raincoat, in the middle of a rainstorm, in a mall, only to be told by assistants in several different shops that it wasn't "raincoat season"...

The Minimalist said...

You can find old Apple batteries that either were never used or were reconditioned on eBay. Hope that helps.