Nov 20, 2007

Maintaining Oil Spill Awareness (and compacting thievery, again)

My friends and I are taking the following steps to ensure that folks don't just forget about this oil spill. Feel free to join us. Thrift stores are great places to find stuffed animals.

1: Get a stuffed animal ( an ocean goer is best)
2: Rub it with VEG. oil, dirt and any black non-toxic gook
3: Print out on paper:

BUNKER OIL IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
OVER 5,000 ANIMALS DEAD
LET'S LOOK AHEAD - WWW.OWCN.ORG
WRITE CONGRESS / CALL: 311

Laminate label with clear plastic tape. Hang from the neck of the "oiled" animal so that it can be easily seen by the public. Place the "oiled" animal in a prominent place - tie down if need be with wire/stake.

So that it's not out of sight or out of mind.
Thursday is a HIGH tide - watch out for more oil spreading.

And in other compact news, my panniers were stolen off my bike tonight! I got those bad boys off of Freecycle about 18 months ago and used the hell out of them. I'm heartbroken, in part because they were filled with 13 mason jars for tomorrow's canning workshop at dirty dove. I'd just picked those up at Thriftown for $3. One moment without vigilance and my shit is stolen, of course. silly me.

No comments: