Nov 19, 2007

Canning workshop and RRFM on BND!

Feeling slightly less dismal than yesterday, thanks for the feedback on my anger and frustration.
Wednesday we're having a canning workshop at the Dirty Dove Infoshop. Last week we had an amazing massage workshop where at least 10 folks learned techniques or had them practiced on their bodies. The space really transformed for that workshop, with folks laying on mats in candlelight. This week we'll embrace the food holidays by sharing the practical skill of canning. We plan to focus on greens I think, as they're easy to dumpster. (I should go out soon to look for some, but my kitties are all snuggled up here and siphoning off my motivation!)
Via Freecycle I found about a dozen canning jars in the past couple of weeks. I'm still scouting more, but may not need them. A few folks responded to my Freecycle request with inquiries about the workshop! That was too cool. I hope I get to can some greens and peppers with those folks.

Saturday is the Really Really Free Market in Dolores Park. This kinda synchs up with Buy Nothing Day. So really BND is the Friday after Thanksgiving, but Saturday should be a Buy Nothing Day as well. So we'll be out in Dolores Park from 1-5 sharing skills and the excess we've accumulated in our lives. If you're into BND, you might check to see if a group near you is doing something creative. I'd love to hear about different happenings around BND!!!!!

1 comment:

AnandaDevika said...

Glad to see you're in a better mood. :)

I'm hosting a BND crafting part at my house and staying out of the traffic!