Apr 1, 2007

RRFM, Church of Stop Shopping

Yesterday's Really Really Free Market was celebratory and fun. Live music, juggling lessons, fresh coffee and everyone sharing their excess. Every month I manage to look around my apartment and find something to take along that someone else wants or needs.

I can't sing, but if I could, I'd join the Stop Shopping Choir. I just saw the Reverend Billy's movie, not What Would Jesus Buy, but the documentary out on dvd. I love the creativity of the in-store actions and street performances. It's been about a year since I've been to a Church of Stop Shopping service. Like the RRFM, the Church is engaging and community oriented. http://www.revbilly.com/


Kira Joy said...

I have heard of you compact folk, but this is the first time I've read anything about it. You are doing some great stuff, it is totally inspiring. Thanks for keeping up this blog, you've done a great job. Best wishes.

Lavinia Jennison said...

When it comes to helping our world today You guys are doing some of the most important work that needs to be done on a community level.
Keep up the great work! I'm totally insired!!