May 15, 2006

Vacuum Cleaners In SF

Today was a good day to be a Compacter! My vacuum cleaner broke for the 3rd time, and it had been far too long since we rid the carpet of cat hair. I put an ad on Craigslist, checked the free section, the household section, and posted on Freecycle. Then I looked at my carpet again.

Tumbleweeds still rolling, I called The Place That Sells Sewing Machines and Vacuums in Daly City. I asked if they had any used vacuums and they did, though they were all a bit larger than the one that I have. I was able to get a better powered machine and to drop off my old one, which they will try to fix and sell, or use for parts. Yay! I also got a 90 day warranty. And it's a locally run shop w/ well informed employees/owners. Great deal!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Radi,
Can you contact me? I'd love to write a story about Compact.
212.251.8161
alarson@positivethinkingmag.com
- Alina Larson

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

contractors said...

What in the world is the world...Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit contractors and you can see what a little change can create..

Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Blog, it is cool to!

Anonymous said...

I live in Brighton, England where i am involved in a thriving "lets" scheme ( which stands for local exchange and trading scheme, a network of poeple who share their time, posessions and skills with others ).It is not really aimed at providing the kind of services that would otherwise be obtained commercially, but it supports a lifestyle which is less consumer orientated. Also, there is a local internet based " freecycle " scheme which enables poeple to advertise and give away unwanted items. Also that time-honoured British institution, the jumble sale, is a great way of buying stuff for a few pennies that would otherwise be thrown away ! keep up the good work, Kay